Drumroll Please: New Prep Pep Band Forms

The 2016 Seattle Prep Pep Band. Band director Bost hopes the band will enliven games and Pep rallies.

George Kent, Editor-in-Chief

The buzz has been building for weeks now around Seattle Prep’s new Pep Band. Headed by newcomer Sarah Bost, the
band has been something of an unknown entity at this early phase of the school year.

Instrumental Music’s phenomenal performance at last year’s closing assembly provided a glimpse into what Prep’s student musicians are capable of, and with many of Instrumental Music’s members returning with Pep Band, anticipation has been building around campus.

Will the Pep Band live up to expectations? Bost is certainly determined that it will. Her enthusiasm and passion in promoting the band have been instrumental in both the recruitment of new musicians and the building of excitement in the student body. And her hope is that this enthusiasm will be infectious.

As Bost puts it in the band’s mission statement: “Our job is to cheer with our instruments, enliven and unify the crowd, and rally for success.”
The band will play at home football and basketball games, and Prep students can look forward to being inspired by a medley of rock and pop songs. Win or lose, the Prep bleachers are sure to be a force to be reckoned with this year.